Small however lovely and completely fashioned, this Caribbean gem is definitely the world’s smallest space of land divided into two nations – one half is French (Saint Martin) and the opposite is Dutch (St Maarten).
The result’s one thing really distinctive and that is an idyllic island paradise the place 120 totally different nationalities combine alongside one another and the place a number of the most interesting cuisines within the Caribbean could be discovered.
Add to that some attractive white sandy seashores, tranquil hidden bays, some vigorous seaside bars and nightlife, glorious procuring and a few nice choices for water sports activities and mountaineering and also you had a fairly fabulous trip vacation spot.
Listed below are one of the best and most lovely locations to go to in Saint Martin and Sint Maarten…
1. Marigot Bay Port – this cosmopolitan spot is without doubt one of the greatest locations to go to in Saint Martin
The Marigot Bay Port is without doubt one of the most picturesque locations on the island. Marigot is the capital of the French facet of Saint Martin, constructed close to the bay of the identical title. The port is the middle of life on the tiny island and one of the vital thrilling locations for guests.
Cease by the port to get photos of the gorgeous native homes, typical of the gingerbread-like structure of the Caribbean.
You too can get glorious views of Fort St. Louis and go on an tour as much as the fort in case you’re feeling adventurous.
The port can be dwelling to bistros and a biweekly marketplace for while you work up an urge for food.
My must-do highlights in Marigot Bay Port
- For a soothing exercise after a day of exploring, go to the Le Spa Marigot for some wellness remedies.
- Uncover the historic buildings situated across the space, together with the Outdated Jail, Catholic Church and Durat Bridge.
- Hop on a sightseeing tour the place you possibly can wander via the streets and revel in complimentary drinks.
2. Maho Seaside – the seaside well-known for its low-lying flights!
One of many nice issues to do in St Maarten is to discover its lovely seashores. Saint Martin or St Maarten is cut up between the French facet and the Dutch facet.
Maho Seaside is a picturesque stretch of shoreline on the Dutch facet. Guests can bask within the sandy shores and heat waters of the Caribbean.
Nevertheless, Maho Seaside’s principal attraction shouldn’t be within the sand or sea however the air. The seaside is true subsequent to Princess Juliana Worldwide Airport.
There are few different airports on this planet the place guests can get proper as much as an plane’s remaining method and see them land on the runway. Whether or not you’re a seasoned aircraft spotter or simply seeking a novel seaside expertise, Maho Seaside is the place to be!
My must-do highlights in Maho Seaside
- Expertise the distinctive marvel of overhead aircrafts taking off and touchdown on this well-known seaside.
- Go snorkelling via the crystal clear waters and uncover the underwater world.
- Seize some scrumptious meals and mouth watering drinks on the Sundown Bar and Grill overlooking the ocean.
3. Entrance Avenue and Outdated Avenue, Philipsburg – two must-see locations on the island
Philipsburg is the primary city on the Dutch facet of the island (which is why the island is typically referred to as Sint Maarten). The city is nestled between Nice Bay and the Nice Salt Pond, providing nice views of the water.
Entrance Avenue is the city’s principal procuring district. Guests can get glorious offers on jewellery, China, and even native liquor on the Guavaberry Emporium.
Entrance Avenue can be dwelling to the Coliseum Princess On line casino.
For a quainter, much less bustling procuring expertise, head to Outdated Avenue. Outdated Avenue is a picturesque district with historic buildings that hosts small outlets, bistros, and loads of photograph alternatives together with an iconic yellow automobile beloved by vacationers.
My must-do highlights in Entrance Avenue and Outdated Avenue, Philipsburg
- Store until you drop all through the array of boutique retailer crammed with attention-grabbing and distinctive gadgets.
- Bask in some meals at one of many cute bistros dotted round.
- Stroll alongside the scenic beachside boardwalk.
4. Orient Bay Seaside – essentially the most well-known and gorgeous seaside in St Maarten
Orient Bay Seaside is without doubt one of the nicest (and the busiest!) seashores on the French facet of St. Martin.
It has glorious turquoise waters and sand, similar to virtually some other seaside on St. Martin. Nevertheless, what units Orient Bay aside from different seashores is its vigorous nature.
Orient Bay has loads of bars, eating places, and outlets lining the seaside. Loosen up on the shore and benefit from the bohemian vibe.
My must-do highlights in Orient Bay Seaside
- Embark on an adrenaline pumping expertise with some parasailing over the ocean.
- Loosen up with some sunbathing alongside the golden sand shores.
- Try the enjoyable actions at Bikini Watersports.
5. Anse Marcel – one of the vital lovely seashores on Saint Martin
For an expensive journey expertise on St. Martin, head to Anse Marcel one of the vital lovely locations to go to on the island. Anse Marcel is a secluded cove with calm swimming waters on the north of the island.
The bay protects the waters from the worst waves, so it’s a selection vacation spot for households.
Anse Marcel can be dwelling to a luxurious resort and inns, making it the right getaway for vacationers on the lookout for a bit of relaxation and rest.
My must-do highlights in Anse Marcel
- Try the encompassing strolling trails and go for a hike.
- Have a go at paddleboarding throughout the picturesque waters.
- Play a recreation of volleyball on the seaside beneath the glistening sunrays.
6. Grand Case Seaside – a beautiful and quiet seaside on St. Martin
Most of the greatest locations to go to in Saint Martin are seashores. Even amongst this wealth of sandy expanse, Grand Case Seaside stands out from the competitors.
The seaside is a mile-long expanse of sand situated on the French facet of the island. Like Anse Marcel, it boasts calm waters with barely any waves, making it a well-liked vacation spot for households.
Many inns line Grand Case Seaside, and so they have lounge chairs and umbrellas for visitors. Nevertheless, many eating places have their very own lounge chairs that they’re pleased to lease out to day trippers so long as in addition they have a scrumptious lunch.
My must-do highlights in Grand Case Seaside
- For individuals who take pleasure in nightlife, go to one of many vibrant bars after the solar has set.
- Rent a kayak and spend a while out on the ocean encompass by a tranquil environment.
- Play a spherical of golf in one of the vital gorgeous settings.
7. Pinel Island – a shocking magnificence spot situated off St. Martin’s principal island
This small island off of St. Martin’s northern coast is without doubt one of the most particular gems within the Caribbean. The island is protected by the French Marine Reserve, so it’s principally undeveloped.
Guests can hike, swim, snorkel, or go on kayaking excursions. The island can be dwelling to virtually tame iguanas that love to return as much as people for feeding – discuss a novel expertise!
Apart from unspoiled nature, Pinel Island additionally gives common facilities you’ll anticipate from any seaside vacation spot. Have lunch at one of many eating places or loosen up with a tiki cocktail. To get there, take a ferry from the city of Cul-de-Sac or go on a kayak or constitution boat tour.
My must-do highlights in Pinel Island
- Eat some contemporary lobster while having fun with a panoramic view.
- Journey out on a kayaking tour to discover across the off shore space.
- Constitution a ship for an unforgettable expertise.
8. Miguel’s Scorching Seaside Spot – a enjoyable and gorgeous spot to spend the day
Miguel is a personality that many guests keep in mind lengthy after their journey to St. Martin. His seaside, conveniently situated proper by the port, is a favourite amongst guests.
After all, the gorgeous blue waters and sand are a part of the draw, however what units this seaside aside from the others is the service.
The seaside organizes drink companies and meals deliveries proper on the seaside, however for many individuals, the primary draw is assembly Miguel, the pleasant proprietor. Plus, the seaside stands out from different personal seaside operators because of its vibrant orange umbrellas.
My must-do highlights in Miguel’s Scorching Seaside Spot
- Take in the rays with some sunbathing alongside the attractive sandy shores.
- Take advantage of the drink and meals supply companies accessible while sunbathing.
- Seize an Insta-worthy shot within the contemporary waters underneath the a blue, cloud free sky.
9. Tintamarre Island – a really scenic uninhabited island which is a must-see attraction
Tintamarre Island is a small isle lower than a sq. mile giant that’s simply off the coast of the St. Martin mainland. Tintamarre is so small that it has no everlasting residents, significantly not for the reason that Compagnie Aerienne Antillaise closed down store.
Nevertheless, Tintamarre is dwelling to some crucial winged residents.
The island is a delegated Vital Chook Space that helps species comparable to green-throated caribs, red-billed tropicbirds, and different species.
Guests may snorkel and see sea turtles of their pure habitat. The island is without doubt one of the greatest and unspoiled nature reserves within the Caribbean and a very good alternative to see animals as they’re meant to be seen – within the wild.
My must-do highlights in Tintamarre Island
- Hop on a velocity boat tour to have an exciting journey, exploring out on the ocean.
- Benefit from the tranquil environment of the uninhabited island setting.
- Soak all the attractive views all through the scenic spot.
10. Nice Bay Seaside – a lovely white-sand seaside and boardwalk
Nice Bay Seaside is without doubt one of the pearls within the crown of St. Martin’s Dutch facet. It’s conveniently situated close to Philipsburg for cruise ship vacationers and guests primarily based in the primary city.
Due to its location, the seaside could be very vigorous with loads of bars, outlets, and eating places, to maintain guests busy and fulfill their each want.
That doesn’t imply that Nice Bay Seaside is missing in pure sights. The sandy expanse and calm, clear waters are good for swimming and lounging about within the solar.
My must-do highlights in Nice Bay Seaside
- Take a stroll alongside the boardwalk to take a look at the array of boutiques and eating places.
- Go for a dip within the bay to chill down on a sizzling day.
- Lease a jet ski for an thrilling exercise.
11. Paradise Peak – the very best level on the island providing nice views
Paradise Peak, often known as Pic Paradis, is the very best level on the island of St. Martin. The height is simply 434 meters tall, so it isn’t precisely a difficult climb, even for amateurs.
The mild climb is value it to get spectacular views of all of St. Martin and even neighboring islands. Apart from the panorama, guests may benefit from the lush flora lining the trail and Loterie Farm, a historic sugar mill-turned-getaway situated on the foot of the hill.
There are roads resulting in Paradise Peak, so it’s doable to get to the highest by automobile. Nevertheless, the hike is brief sufficient that even newbie hikers can go up on foot.
Those that desire a longer journey can use the height as a place to begin for a number of the longer trails, together with The Northeast Ridge and Eden Nicely.
My must-do highlights in Paradise Peak
- Uncover the lovely mountaineering trails main as much as the height.
- Make sure that to seize an Instagrammable shot with a panoramic backdrop.
12. Little Bay Seaside – sandy seaside that includes palm bushes, boating and snorkeling
Little Bay Seaside is on the Dutch facet of the island, situated proper by the Divi resort and is a shocking vacation spot to discover. Guests get one of the best of each worlds – the seaside is public, however it has facilities that compete with one of the best that resort seashores have to supply.
In contrast to many of the island’s seashores, Little Bay Seaside is rocky in some locations for these on the lookout for a special seaside expertise.
Guests can swim and loosen up on the shore. These on the lookout for a bit of bit extra journey can go snorkeling. There are many tropical fish and even coral.
It’s standard amongst locals and guests with households which can be drawn to the calm waters.
My must-do highlights in Little Bay Seaside
- Embark on a shocking sundown champagne cruise.
- Go on a crusing tour across the bay.
- Go to the Tiki Bar for a refreshing drink to chill down.
13. Mullet Seaside – a lovely white sand seaside with calm crystal clear water
Mullet Seaside, typically referred to as Mullet Bay Seaside, is a quieter getaway on the Dutch facet of St. Martin.
It’s only a 30-minute drive from the cruise terminal so it does get busy on cruise days, however the crowds are much less intense than at Maho Bay or Orient Bay.
Mullet Seaside’s major draw is its pure magnificence. Loosen up subsequent to clear waters on pristine white sand, or go snorkeling within the calm waters.
My must-do highlights in Mullet Seaside
- Get pleasure from a swim within the crystal clear waters.
- Spend a while enjoyable alongside the sandy shores.
- Discover the underwater world with just a few hours of snorkelling.
14. Fort Louis – an important historic attraction to go to within the nation
When the French conquered St. Martin, they constructed Fort Louis on a hill overlooking the port of Marigot. Though the French are nonetheless in control of the island, the fort has lengthy since been deserted.
Guests can wander the historic fortifications and get glorious views of the island.
Guests can drive to the bottom of the fort and full the remainder of the quick stroll on foot. The stroll is steep, however you’re rewarded with glorious views on the finish.
My must-do highlights in Fort Louis
- Go on an e-bike tour to discover across the space.
- Gaze on the ruins of the fort while overlooking the bay.
- Climb up the 92 steps to the cease for spectacular views.
15. Kim Sha Seaside – a enjoyable and beautiful seaside which performs host to some nice occasions
Kim Sha Seaside is close to Simpson Bay on the Dutch facet of Sint Maarten It gives lovely sandy shores and clear waters for swimming.
Certainly one of Kim Sha Seaside’s largest attracts is its proximity to Simpson Bay. Guests can watch the boats coming out and in of the bay and take photographs of the sundown over the docked boats.
The seaside has loads of facilities, together with seaside chairs and vigorous bars. It’s additionally well-known for internet hosting the annual Heineken Regatta occasion and its seaside bar gives seaside motion pictures.
There’s additionally jet snowboarding and different water actions on provide in addition to loads of eating places and bars.
My must-do highlights in Kim Sha Seaside
- Have a go in any respect of the water sport actions on provide.
- Go for a dance at one in all the vigorous bars.
- Get pleasure from a second of peace while watching the boats coming in.
16. Yoda Man Film Exhibit – top-of-the-line museums to go to in St Maarten
If not one of the above attraction to you (unimaginable to not!) and also you don’t know what to do in St Maarten, why not discover the Yoda man film exhibit.
Since 2012, it has been ranked a primary exercise to do St Maarten. Really helpful for kids and adults this museum has a non-public assortment from Nick Maley who’s a world make-up artist on particular results that has contributed to the creation of Yoda within the Star Wars collection.
The go to will final an hour the place it is possible for you to to see the holograms from many motion pictures, replicas and props. Additionally, you will study a bit in regards to the movie trade and Nick Maley’s background.
Some of the superb issues accessible to you is you can purchase relics autographed by the celebs and even converse to Nick Maley himself.
We even have posts on…
Gary is an award successful full time skilled photographer and videographer with an excessive amount of wanderlust for his personal good. Fuelled by sturdy espresso, you’ll typically discover him wandering effectively off mountaineering trails seeking attention-grabbing photographic topics or surroundings to video. Self taught and with the usage of pioneering digital methods, he shortly constructed up a robust shopper base and has labored with many prestigious organisations, together with GQ, BBC, London Trend Week, Grazia, Sky, Metro, Vogue Italia. He specialising in evocative photographs of individuals, locations and cinematic videography and his aim is to make the viewer look twice and interact. In addition to a penchant for good design, the ketogenic weight-reduction plan and Hungarian Vizslas, he additionally has an enormous affection for Chicago, Bucharest, Scandinavia, Croatia and completely all over the place in Italy. Discover him on Instagram @garynansome, Twitter @garynansome and his web site https://garynunn.co.uk/