This web page accommodates affiliate hyperlinks. Please learn our disclosure for more information.
Disney Genie Plus is a queue skipping service at Disney parks in Florida and California. It’s a paid service that replaces the beforehand free FastPass system.
Genie Plus can prevent a number of time ready in line, however it may be complicated, and it’s not at all times value it in each state of affairs at each park.
This Disney Genie Plus information explains how Genie Plus works, suggests the most effective parks and rides to apply it to, solutions widespread FAQs, and can enable you to determine if the additional price is value it for you.
Our evaluate focuses on Walt Disney World Orlando, however the system at Disneyland California may be very comparable.
What Is Disney Genie Plus?
Disney Genie Plus (formally Disney Genie+) is a paid service that means that you can skip the road on sure Disney rides.
You should buy Genie+ by way of the My Disney Expertise app, and it contains one-time entry to each Genie+ journey within the park (or parks) you’re visiting that day (see under for the included rides).
You possibly can solely choose one Genie+ journey at a time, although, and so they could promote out.
I clarify in additional element under the right way to use Disney Genie Plus, because it’s vital to know the foundations to get essentially the most out of the service.
Disney Genie Plus Price
When Genie+ launched at Walt Disney World in Orlando in October 2021, it price $15 per particular person per day or $16 with tax.
In October 2022, Disney launched dynamic pricing so now the Genie Plus value will rely on how busy the parks are if you go to.
The bottom value continues to be $15, however at peak occasions like holidays, it may price far more. Thus far the best it has reached is $35 (plus tax), which was in early April 2023 (spring break and the opening of the brand new Tron journey).
You possibly can solely purchase Genie+ at 7am on the day you’re visiting a Disney park (and you need to have a park reservation). Sadly, you gained’t know till the day precisely how a lot Genie+ will price you.
See this Genie Plus value tracker for an concept of how the associated fee has various over time.
At busy occasions, entry to the Genie+ service can promote out. This solely occurs hardly ever, however to be on the secure aspect, buy it within the app within the morning. You’ll get essentially the most on your cash and your best option of rides this fashion.
This information will enable you to determine if Genie Plus is value it for you.
If the excessive price of a Disney journey is a priority, see our suggestions for visiting Disney World on a finances.
When You Ought to Use Genie Plus
Shopping for Genie Plus is just not important to having fun with your Disney World journey, however it may prevent a number of time.
Right here’s when it’s positively value contemplating utilizing Genie Plus:
- In case you are visiting at a well-liked time of 12 months – Journey wait occasions are longest throughout faculty breaks and federal vacation weekends. See this Disney crowd calendar for estimates.
- When you don’t need to rise up early – The primary hour of park opening is the most effective time to journey widespread rides and I extremely suggest getting an early begin. When you actually don’t need to, Genie+ may also help.
- When you don’t have Early Entry – When you keep in a Disney World resort, you’ll be able to enter each park half-hour earlier than the official park opening for even shorter wait occasions.
- In case you are park hopping – When you pay further to make your Disney World ticket a Park Hopper, you’ll be able to go to a couple of park a day (the second park should be after 2pm). You should use Genie+ for each parks, so it’s higher worth for cash. When you’ve run out of Genie rides in a single park, begin reserving for the subsequent one.
Even if you’re visiting at a quieter time of 12 months, staying onsite, and ready to rise up early, as we did in September, Genie+ continues to be value contemplating for those who can afford it.
We discovered Genie+ most helpful at Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios—I talk about every park in additional element under.
What Is Disney Lighting Lane?
A Lightning Lane is a separate entrance to pick rides at Disney parks in Florida and California.
Utilizing these lanes means that you can skip the standby line (which will be one to 2 hours for widespread rides at peak occasions).
You should still have a brief wait, however we hardly ever waited various minutes, and by no means greater than 10 minutes (after which solely when the standby queue was for much longer).
There are two methods to entry the Lightning Lanes. The Genie+ service I mentioned above, which provides entry to a number of rides for in the future (consider it as a bundle deal), and Particular person Lighting Lane (ILL), the place you buy entry to a single journey.
Particular person Lightning Lane entry is just out there for one or two rides per park (which aren’t included in Genie+) and every is priced individually with a various price that is dependent upon demand.
Whereas with Genie+ you solely get given the subsequent out there time to journey, with ILL, you’ll be able to choose a particular time to journey.
In case you are staying at a Disney resort, you should buy ILL entry at 7am. Everybody else has to attend till the park opens. It’s finest to purchase as early as potential as they will promote out.
Particular person Lightning Lanes can be utilized along with Genie+, or you’ll be able to often keep away from buying it by driving at quieter occasions of the day.
Particular person Lightning Lane Points of interest
These rides usually are not included in Genie+ however can be found as Particular person Lightning Lanes. I record them from most to least precedence:
- Tron (Magic Kingdom) – Disney’s latest journey can solely be ridden by becoming a member of a free digital queue at 7am and 1pm. It sells out in seconds, so if you’re unfortunate (or need to journey it once more), buy an ILL for round $20.
- Guardians of the Galaxy (Epcot) – This additionally requires entry by way of a digital queue. We purchased an ILL so we might journey it once more. It often prices $14-17.
- Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (Hollywood Studios) – We discovered the standby queue a lot shorter on the finish of the day, so we didn’t must buy an ILL (which price $15-25). However for those who solely have in the future at Hollywood Studios, and don’t need to threat it breaking down, this journey is actually value it.
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Prepare (Magic Kingdom) – I actually don’t suppose this journey is well worth the $10-12. The waits are shortest on the finish of the day.
- Avatar Flight of Passage (Animal Kingdom) – We at all times journey this as quickly because the park opens (ideally in Early Entry for resort resort company) so haven’t wanted to buy one ($11-16).
Learn how to Use Genie Plus
Obtain the Disney Genie Plus App
To make use of Genie Plus it’s good to obtain the My Disney Expertise App.
The app is important for Disney World as of late, not solely to buy Genie+ and make your journey picks, but additionally to hitch digital queues, examine wait occasions, make eating reservations, order counter service meals, examine bus occasions, and far more.
I additionally suggest shopping for a Disney MagicBand or utilizing the Disney Magic Cell Go in your Apple Watch. You should use these as your park ticket and faucet into Genie+ rides simply with out having to take out your telephone or ticket.
The MagicBand is barely higher if you’re staying onsite as you should utilize it to enter your room or resort pool, however for those who already put on an Apple Watch, you could as nicely persist with that as we did (you should utilize your telephone to enter your room).
When you get MagicBand+ you can too play video games and work together with sculptures and exhibits.
Distinction Between Disney Genie and Genie Plus
Disney Genie is a free service that Disney provides throughout the app that can assist you plan your day. It provides prompt itineraries primarily based in your pursuits.
Truthfully, it’s not in any respect useful and makes some unusual suggestions, so I might ignore it.
The Tip Board inside Disney Genie is beneficial, although—it’s the place you’ll be able to see attraction wait occasions and make your Genie+ picks. Extra on that under.
Preparation To Ebook Disney Genie Plus Rides
To benefit from Genie+, it’s finest to do some preparation forward of time.
Earlier than Your Disney Journey
First, you’ll must buy your Disney World ticket and make a park reservation for every day of your journey.
You must also hyperlink anybody you’re travelling with so that you could make Genie+ reservations for everybody in your occasion. You are able to do that within the Profile part of the Disney app or web site and go to Household and Associates Checklist so as to add a visitor.
I additionally suggest downloading the app, familiarising your self with it (examine journey wait occasions at numerous occasions of day), and planning your precedence rides—see our information to the finest issues to do in Disney World for concepts.
It’s additionally vital to know which Genie+ rides are almost definitely to promote out, so you’ll be able to prioritise these. See our Genie+ journey information under.
On The Morning Of Your Go to: Learn how to Buy Genie Plus
If you wish to use Genie+ for rides that always promote out (similar to Slinky Canine Sprint in Hollywood Studios and Remy in Epcot), right here’s my prompt technique on the morning of your park go to.
Earlier than 7am (round 6.50am is ok), go to the My Disney Expertise app and click on Buy on the Disney Genie+ Service button on the house web page.
It’s also possible to entry this by hitting the + button and tapping “View my Genie Day and Tip Board”, the place there can be an choice to buy Genie+ on the prime.
Then customise the Tip Board display. Go to My Day and select the date and the park (this can solely work in case you have a park reservation). Then choose the primary journey you need to ebook. This may make it present up on the prime of the Tip Board and can be simpler to entry.
Control the time (maybe use Time and Date) and one second earlier than 7am, pull down laborious on the Tip Board web page and launch it simply because the clock hits 7am.
You’ll then be capable of ebook your first Genie+ journey, so click on via in your prime journey and ebook as shortly as potential. The return occasions will fluctuate, however if you’re fast, it is best to get a time throughout the first hour of park opening.
After you have booked your first journey, edit your picks for “My Prime Picks” within the Tip Board and select your subsequent two precedence rides. This may preserve them on the prime for when it’s time to ebook.
You gained’t be capable of choose your subsequent journey till you faucet into the primary journey, or after 120 minutes have handed.
When you aren’t bothered about sure rides like Slinky, you gained’t should be so on the ball at precisely 7am, however I nonetheless suggest reserving earlier than the parks open (often 8am or 9am) if potential, to maximise the rides you’ll be capable of select.
Utilizing Genie Plus within the Parks
After you have your first Disney Genie+ journey booked and have entered the park (ideally at opening), I like to recommend driving one or two of the most well-liked rides within the standby queue earlier than utilizing your Genie+.
Prioritise rides that aren’t in Genie+ like Rise of the Resistance in Hollywood Studios and Avatar in Animal Kingdom.
Your Genie+ return time can be a one-hour window. So for those who booked a 9am slot, you’ll be able to journey any time between 9am and 10am.
Unofficially, although, you’ll be able to faucet into the journey 5 minutes early or as much as quarter-hour late.
To maximise the rides you’ll be able to safe in a day, journey originally of your window. You’ll must faucet into the journey on the Lightning Lane utilizing your park ticket, and even simpler, your MagicBand or Apple Watch (see above).
As quickly as you may have tapped into the journey, you’ll be able to select your subsequent journey, so do that right away within the line—don’t wait till you’ve ridden the journey!
Whereas this method does require being in your telephone steadily, it solely takes a number of seconds to decide on your subsequent Genie+ journey.
Notice that you could solely use Genie+ for every journey as soon as, so if you wish to journey it once more, wait till the top of the day when standby strains are shorter or use the one rider queue (if provided).
In case you are pressured to decide on a Genie+ return time later than you’d like, slots do get refills, so it’s value checking once more all through the day, as earlier occasions could develop into out there.
You possibly can modify an current Genie+ reservation by tapping on it within the Tip Board or My Day pages.
Stacking Genie Plus Rides
Whereas often you’ll be able to solely have one Genie+ reserving at a time, there’s an exception in case your return time is 2 or extra hours later.
So, for those who ebook a Genie+ journey at 9am and the return time is 1pm, you’ll be eligible to ebook one other Genie+ at 11am.
You positively need to reap the benefits of this because it’s the one strategy to maintain a couple of Genie+ on the similar time. So set a reminder in your telephone for 2 hours later to ebook your subsequent journey.
Notice that the two-hour rule solely begins at park opening, so even for those who ebook at 7am, if the park doesn’t open till 9am, the 2 hours don’t begin till 9am.
Genie Plus for Park Hopping
In case you are park hopping (visiting a couple of park per day), you should utilize Genie+ for each parks.
However as park hopping is just allowed after 2pm (you don’t want a park reservation on your second park), you’ll solely be capable of ebook Genie+ points of interest for the second park as soon as the return occasions are previous 2pm.
So begin through the use of Genie+ within the morning on your first park, after which round noon, begin checking occasions on your second park. And bear in mind if the return time is greater than two hours upfront, you can begin stacking up your reservations.
Genie Plus is nice worth for park hopping because it maximises the variety of rides you may have entry to.
The Greatest Disney World Parks to Use Genie Plus
Hollywood Studios is the most effective park to make use of Genie+. There’s a comparatively restricted variety of rides and wait occasions are lengthy, so Genie+ saved us hours in line.
Magic Kingdom can be a superb park to make use of Genie+. It’s simpler to make use of than at Hollywood Studios as there are 23 points of interest out there with Genie+, so fewer rides promote out and return occasions are usually earlier.
We managed with out Genie+ at Animal Kingdom by hustling to all the key rides within the first few hours. You may contemplate Genie+ for those who don’t have Early Entry, don’t need to hurry within the first few hours, or if you’re park hopping.
I don’t suppose Genie+ is important at Epcot in case you have Early Entry—we managed all the favored rides with out it. You may contemplate it if you’re park hopping, can’t arrive early, or are visiting at peak occasions.
You possibly can see the Genie Plus precedence rides for every park under.
How A lot Time Can Genie Plus Save?
Disney says, “On common, Company can enter 2 to three points of interest or experiences per day utilizing Lightning Lane entrances, if the primary choice is made early within the day.”
They’re attempting to handle expectations as it is best to be capable of get extra rides than this for those who ebook your first one early.
It’s tougher to get extra rides at busy occasions of the 12 months as they promote out extra shortly, however you’ll additionally save extra time as strains can be longer.
On our September go to (a quiet time of 12 months), we managed to journey 5 points of interest at Hollywood Studios utilizing Genie+ between 9am and three.30pm.
This saved us roughly 275 minutes (4.5 hours!) in comparison with the standby line (which ranged from 45 minutes to 85 minutes per journey), which was nicely well worth the $16 price for us.
We might even have booked extra Genie+ rides (Millennium Falcon and Star Excursions have been out there) however selected to not.
Simon park hopped to Magic Kingdom that night and will have made much more Genie+ picks, however he didn’t must as wait occasions have been low.
At Magic Kingdom, we visited on a very quiet day (when the park closed early for a Halloween occasion), so we most likely might have managed with out Genie+.
We nonetheless rode 4 rides with Genie+ between 8.30am and 1pm. This saved about 60 minutes of queuing (with standby strains starting from 10 to twenty minutes).
On this situation Genie+ wasn’t actually value it, however solely as a result of it was a uncommon quiet day and we bought lots completed utilizing standby queues throughout Early Entry.
A lot of the 12 months, or for those who needed to show up later within the day, Genie+ at Magic Kingdom is extraordinarily helpful.
As well as, we park hopped to Hollywood Studios within the night and rode three extra rides, saving 90 minutes in line, for a complete of seven rides and a pair of.5 hours saved that day.
Walt Disney World Genie Plus Rides Checklist and Priorities
These are the rides included in Disney Genie Plus and the order I like to recommend reserving them.
This may fluctuate relying in your pursuits and what occurs on the day (if rides briefly shut you’ll must adapt your plan), nevertheless it’s vital to know the rides which might be almost definitely to have later return occasions and ultimately run out.
Notice that the most well-liked journey in every park is just not included in Genie+. If you wish to skip the queue for these, you’ll should buy an Particular person Lightning Lane entry (see above).
Magic Kingdom Genie Plus Rides
Magic Kingdom has essentially the most points of interest out there with Genie+. A lot of them don’t require it on account of quick standby strains, so these are those the place it’s most helpful.
- Jungle Cruise – This comedy river cruise has develop into very talked-about because it reopened and is often the primary Genie+ to expire, so ebook it first.
- Peter Pan’s Flight – This widespread light darkish journey in Fantasyland has lengthy wait occasions. We’re probably not the target market so don’t fairly get the fuss, however if you wish to journey it, it makes second decide.
- House Mountain – An exhilarating indoor rollercoaster in the dead of night. It’s Genie decide, however we will often journey this early or late with out lengthy queues (Simon likes to journey it a number of occasions).
- Massive Thunder Mountain Railroad – This Wild West rollercoaster is widespread, however there’s often good Genie+ availability.
- Haunted Mansion – Throughout Halloween season I’d most likely transfer this up a few spots.
- Pirates of the Caribbean – Queue occasions fluctuate so you could or could not want Genie+.
- Buzz Lightyear’s House Ranger Spin – Once more, waits fluctuate however Genie+ will be helpful when it’s busy and often has close to prompt return occasions.
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh – Traces will be actually lengthy, nevertheless it hardly ever runs out of Genie+ and it’s not the most effective journey.
See our information to the should do rides at Magic Kingdom for extra particulars on every attraction.
Along with these are a number of character meet and greets, which you may need to prioritise if that’s your factor. Meet Ariel at Her Grotto sells out first.
There are various different Genie+ rides like Enchanted Tales with Belle, “It’s a small world”, and Beneath the Sea, however Genie+ isn’t often mandatory. Solely use it for them when you’ve labored your means via the precedence rides above.
Notice that the brand new Tron journey is just not included in Genie+ and might solely be ridden by becoming a member of a free digital queue or buying an ILL.
Hollywood Studios Genie Plus Rides
Whereas there are fewer Genie+ rides at Hollywood Studios, it may prevent a number of time as wait occasions are lengthy.
- Slinky Canine Sprint – This light Toy Story rollercoaster is extraordinarily widespread and would be the first Genie+ to expire. Return occasions will be late however by reserving at 7am on the dot, we bought a 9.30am return time. By 1pm, the return time was as much as 8pm, and it sells out by noon at busier occasions, so that is an apparent first decide. That mentioned, we don’t love this journey in comparison with others within the park.
- Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run – This interactive simulator in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge is often the second Genie+ to expire. However we walked on utilizing the standby queue throughout Early Entry after driving Rise of the Resistance.
- Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway – The park’s latest journey is enjoyable and family-friendly and is a well-liked Genie+ decide.
- The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror – Genie+ will prevent lengthy waits.
- Rock ‘n’ Curler Coaster (Closed till Summer season 2023) – When it reopens it could be value shifting it up a number of spots.
- Toy Story Mania – Genie+ is nicely value utilizing for this however there’s often good availability so you’ll be able to wait till later within the day. We truly did it as our second choice after tapping into Slinky at 9.30am as we bought a right away return time and it’s proper subsequent door.
The opposite Genie+ rides at Hollywood Studios aren’t actually mandatory. Star Excursions is value doing however doesn’t have lengthy waits. Alien Saucers is skippable and also you don’t want Genie+ to look at the exhibits.
Epcot Genie Plus Rides
Genie+ is much less helpful at Epcot as there are fewer headline points of interest, however it may prevent time, particularly on the highest three Genie+ rides, that are busy all day.
You probably have Early Entry, as we did, you’ll be able to skip Genie+.
- Remy’s Ratatouille Journey – That is often the primary to promote out and has lengthy strains all day. At 8.10am on our go to (earlier than the park opened at 8.30am), the Genie+ return time was already as much as 2.25pm.
- Take a look at Monitor – This tends to have the second newest return occasions.
- Frozen Ever After – If that is vital to you, transfer it as much as #2 because it’s fairly possible that you just’ll be unable to get all prime three rides earlier than they promote out. Or journey this at park opening and get Genie+ for the 2 above.
- Soarin’ Across the World – A neater Genie+ to safe however it may nonetheless be helpful.
- Mission: House – Wait occasions are hardly ever that lengthy so that you’ll solely want Genie+ on busy days.
- Spaceship Earth – Once more, you’ll solely want this on busier days. Waits drop off later within the day.
You’re unlikely to wish Genie+ for the opposite out there points of interest together with Journey Into Creativeness, Residing with the Land, and The Seas.
Animal Kingdom Genie Plus Rides
Animal Kingdom solely has 11 Genie+ points of interest, the fewest of all of the parks, and solely a handful of those are literally helpful.
You solely want to contemplate buying Genie Plus for Animal Kingdom if you’re visiting at a peak time and don’t have Early Entry, or if you’re park hopping.
- Na’vi River Journey – The second busiest journey within the park after Avatar (which isn’t in Genie+) is a transparent first decide for Genie+.
- Kilimanjaro Safari – This actual wildlife safari is finest within the morning when the animals are energetic and queues are often low then, so that you may need to journey it proper after Avatar with out Genie+ (which is what we often do).
- Kali River Rapids – The queues for this water journey rely on the climate as you’re going to get moist. In summer time it’s very talked-about however much less so in winter.
- Expedition Everest – The only rider line is one other good strategy to skip the strains for this enjoyable rollercoaster.
- Dinosaur – You might be unlikely to wish Genie+ besides on a really busy day.
See our detailed information to the finest issues to do at Animal Kingdom for extra about these rides.
You may also need to prioritise Meet Favourite Disney Buddies at Adventurers Outpost if you’re into character meet and greets.
The whole lot else at Animal Kingdom like It’s Robust to Be a Bug and most stage exhibits aren’t actually mandatory.
That mentioned, on a highly regarded day, we couldn’t get into Competition of the Lion King (and the lengthy line had no shade), so it might be useful for this.
Is Disney Genie Plus Value It?
Disney Genie Plus is a helpful service that may prevent hours in line. Genie Plus is unquestionably value it for Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios, and for those who don’t like early begins, you may contemplate it for Epcot and Animal Kingdom.
In case you are park hopping, Genie+ is even higher worth because it maximises the variety of rides you may have entry to.
I hope our Disney Genie Plus evaluate has helped clarify this considerably difficult service. You probably have any questions, go away a remark under.
Extra Disney Posts
Plan your Disney journey with our different posts in regards to the parks:
When you loved this publish, pin for later!